Thursday, January 26, 2012

Breakfast of Healthy, Fit Champions

Today, Chalene Johnson's facebook status for her Turbo Fire page was, "Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a beggar."  And it just so happens that today was my first day trying Tosca Reno's recommended breakfast for Eating Clean.  According to most professionals, making breakfast your biggest meal of the day revs up your metabolism and helps you to feel fuller longer.  And the breakfast I just ate is PACKED with fiber, and let me tell you--I feel very, very full.  Here it is:

1/2 cup of rolled oats, cooked in one cup of water
2 tablespoons millet
2 tablespoons flaxseed
(you can add or substitute wheat germ and/or bee pollen as well)


AND
*1/4 cup scrambled egg whites--you can prepare them any way you want and feel free to add any veggies you want! (I use the the store-bought liquid kind since it would be too much of a waste to throw away all those yolks)


I think Tosca recommends drinking a LITER of water with breakfast, but I just can't stomach that much water at once, so I had a cup of hot tea (unsweetened) and drink plenty of water throughout the day.

*If you're following the Plant-Based Whole Foods Diet, which I follow imperfectly, you can try one of the many options for egg substitutes, many of which are made with tofu.

No comments:

Post a Comment