|(this is a generic photo, not the one I actually make)|
- One large, grilled portobello mushroom cap (I use my Cuisineart Griddler, which is like a George Forman, until it is pretty black, making it easier to bite off without getting stringy. I cook it on a very small amount of olive oil and I add a dash of salt on top of the mushroom cap)
- One slice of red onion
- One slice of tomato
- 4 slices of cucumber
- 1/5 avocado with some lime juice on it
- A few pieces of fresh spinach (or lettuce)
- Spicy Brown mustard (or whatever spread you like)
On the side, I have one half of a baked sweet potato or yam (no salt or butter needed!).
Here's the nutritional breakdown for the whole meal (based on information from Livestrong.com)
Some other things that might be good on the sandwich (but not ALL of them at the same time!):
- Shredded carrots
- Reduced Fat cream cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Feta Cheese
- What else would you put on yours?